Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It Took Me a Long Time to Get Back on the Train

I arrived in Cambodia about three weeks ago and I haven’t written a lick about it. Yeah, I tidied up a couple pieces during this stretch, but I haven’t created anything new. It’s a bit disappointing, but sometimes its best to ride the natural waves. These days I'm surrounded with more people on my daily and with the increased efforts of reaching into my final month of Action for Life, I feel contented with my absence.

It won't be today, but I'll look forward to writing about Cambodia. It's my second visit to this compelling country and at an interesting time. For one, the country is in the middle of the prosecution of a former Khmer Rouge leader who is being tried for crimes against humanity. There is also an ongoing border clash with Thailand, which is still brimming with political upheaval. And down south at the beaches of Sihanoukville, it's sweltering hot, but rain has already broken through the dry season and climate change is a hot topic .

I'll be here for about 5 weeks in total. So far it's been a nice chance to reconnect with some old friends, play my part in the training program here, enjoy the sunshine at the local National Park and attend a wedding. Aside from that I've been spending a lot of time thinking about air conditioning, global warming and carbon off-setting versus carbon neutral. I'll be sure to pass on more of that in the coming days.

Kites for you.

No comments: