Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Alpine Arrival

Click. Clack. Click. Clack. Gears shift. Crank. Click. Clack. Crank. Click. Clack. My favorite kind of roller coaster. The rickety, old-school, wooden vibe that seems set to fly of the hinges at any moment. In most any other circumstance, I would be completely amped for this moment, but I’m not buckled in, most of my worldly possessions are in an ill-attached cart at the front of this ride and I’m climbing up 1500 feet of mountain.

Funny part is. I’ve been waiting five years for this. I spent five years waiting trying to get to Caux. I’ve finally arrived.

I’m on a stage within five minutes of my arrival, sharing with the freshly assembled conference attendants stories from the past two and half weeks of traveling. Exhausted from the travel, I manage the 15 minute session and head to my room for much needed rest.

This is what I found.


Lots of good stuff coming from Caux, an international discovery hub.

No comments: