Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thoughts for a New Year

A stretch of thoughts that came on New Year’s Day morning. Following a number of days down on vision, energy and my team.

2009: A Year for Trust and Joy

Make trust the core of everything.
With trust, everything is possible.
Without trust, everything is impossible.

Joy is the natural, final outcome of trust.

Truth is faithfulness
Faithfulness is an action
Action is everything
Everything is possible with trust

Use all methods available to make trust as strong as possible:
Steps to advance it
Plans to get it right
Hammers of and nails to build it
Words to invite it
Risks to demonstrate it
Care to maintain it
Faith to believe it
Forgiveness to redeem and restore it
Compassion to understand it
Courage to offer it
Love to sustain it
Kindness to ease the tension of it
Humor to make it light
Toughness and dedication to see it through

1 comment:

parker_d said...

truth, man.

I recently finished a bout of auditions for grad school, and I was worried for a time until I started to trust in myself and my abilities. With the trust I had in myself, I came away from the weekend very very pleased with the work I presented to some of the nation's leading graduate programs. Whether they give me a callback or not, I'm proud of the work I showed.

Trust. A powerful word.