Monday, February 16, 2009

Hiatus

It's been a while since I last posted here and I thought I would give you a chance to decide for yourself what it was that kept me away.

a) I finally gave into the pressure of my boosters and entered the rickshaw derby from Mumbai to Goa.
b) I took on the ascetic lifestyle and gave up on computers and internet for two weeks
c) I ate too much food one night, suffered a severe case of delhi belly and laid in bed for half a month
d) Meditated in silence for 14 days
e) Decided to commit myself to modeling traditional Indian clothes on a full-time basis
f) All of the above
g) None of the above

Well, if you guessed g, then you are right. While this may disappoint you (and somehow it slightly disappoints me) I actually spent the last three weeks in a mad rush booking tickets and getting visas and preparing a thousand details in advance of our program's move to the Far East. Oh, and we also arrived in the Far East during that time, so I'm writing on from Taiwan.

A couple of notes about the upcoming posts. About five will be backdated to the beginning of February, while a couple feature my most recent experiences on the island. Please keep an eye out for both.

I'll do my best to keep writing and I hope you enjoy what you read.

Xie Xie,

Chris

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was afraid it was C. delhi belly.

parker_d said...

seriously, man. I was thinking C as well.

Chris said...

Ha, well, among the many gifts I've received in my life, one has been a relatively iron stomach. As I knock on wood for the next hour, I've only once gotten laid up with the DB.

So little faith guys, damn, I mean, doesn't anyone think I'm capable of being a runway model for kurtas?

Unknown said...

yes - your mother thinks you are the model type!!!!...only boys think about delhi belly!!!!

Chris said...

If that were only true! Once you've had it, you can no longer be unaware.

But its always nice to imagine myself in a kurta full time.

LA said...

I thought - "f":)