Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sunrise over the Krishna River Valley

Action for Life started today. I watched the sun rise over the Krishna River Valley. This, I wrote:

You are

Early morning sun
Wild birdsong

Spring green when rain stops
First flower of rebirth

Smoke settled in the valley
Pure air of altitude

Yellow burst garden
Black-red rock

Water still and rippled
Placid and flowing

Hazy pale orange horizon
Gray-blue high sky

Jagged rock
Rolling hill
Insect whirr
Wings aflutter

Neighbor close
Family afar

Eternal dawn of day

3 comments:

Breitenberg said...

I wrote this and thought of you

hearts on pilgrimage
swallows build nests altar-close
God our sun and shield


I love you brother keep on

Chris said...

excellent. thank you. I wrote about you extensively today. I'll post something along to you soon.

Unknown said...

ok - it was beautiful and made me cry - wish i could be there with you to see the glory of God's creation.
love you so much